The Former Koshu Kaido Katsunuma Post Town
Built in 1618 as a post town on the Koshu Kaido, was a prosperous place as a center of distribution for goods and supplies. In the Meiji period there were many families that changed into merchants, and the townscape of this time remains today. Also, Katsunuma grapes were shipped from the Katsunuma Post Town to Edo and it gained reputation.
Katsunuma, Katsunuma-cho, Koshu-shi